"Rights, Remixes and Respect"
I think this learning objective is great for students because it puts them in the shoes of the higher-ups making decisions. I think it is something they would be interested to do because it involves music and creativity which students can respect and take an interest to. It allows them to put themselves in others shoes like the creator of the music. It helps give better perspective. Remixing and sampling music is a debate that has been and is continuing to be argued over. Since it is still on-going I think it is interesting to let students make ethical decisions while pretending to be the original writer, producer, etc. This is a matter that students can feel strongly about since it involves music. This allows students to understand copyright and how it can be hard to determine what is and what is not. There is so much controversy for such issues and this assignment teaches students the law, allows students to come to a concise decision, and understand issues on this subject matter.
"Engage Me or Enrage me"
I think the article stands true in the sense that kids are less attentive in schools. I notice it will my brother and sister that they almost live in a fantasy land. They only can communicate properly over texting not even speaking over the telephone, they play games for hours on the computer, etc. They both are bored at school and find it pointless. I am confused myself as to what can be done differently to engage kids. I think that something needs to be done, but I am not sure that helping them and creating all lessons in games or through the internet is the answer either. I think teachers can make a classroom engaging in others ways depending on the class. Maybe the students homework can involve something with their actives so that they are incorporating their fun with homework. I think if the school system made everything online for instance the students would still be texting during lessons and surfing the internet at the same time as doing work.
No comments:
Post a Comment