Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Data
To start, my ideal classroom would have multiple means of assessments. As a Data-Driven teacher I understand that standardized tests will not necessarily help me in all aspects of improving my teaching. Understanding students strengths and weaknesses through a Data-Driven class room will be more effective. I will set goals for example, vocabulary quizzes, writing prompts, reading comprehension questions and see how each individual student performs. This way I will know what each student is struggling with or excelling in. I realize the importance of standardized tests so as a teacher I will teach my students the most effective way to answer those questions. Some students are not as good at taking tests as others so I will help motivate students in that way and teach concepts I know will be tested. I too will set goals for myself. I realize there is much to teach so I will push the process along as smooth as possible while setting goals for not only my students but for myself as well. Concluding, I think the key for a Data-Driven teacher is just improvement. If a classroom improves just a little bit the teacher is making a difference. As long as the teacher has a positive environment, sets individual goals, teach effective skills, and progresses throughout the year there will be improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment